How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Licensed in multiple jurisdictions, experienced business attorney.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sole legal and phyicalcoustdy of two great grand childern.

Customer Question

i have sole legal and phyicalcoustdy of two great grand childern. their mother has applied for ssi.if she is aproved will her childern receve anything
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. The children are not automatically entitled to receive a portion of benefits. You, however, as their caretaker and guardian can go to court and file for a modification of support, and ask that the courts recalculate the mother's financial situation and then increase the child support that she is paying for the children (if she is paying anything). Then on that basis you would be able to receive benefits that you would be able to utilize for the benefit of the children. Sincerely, ***** *****