How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 63 and still working. My husband died in 2005 and I would

Customer Question

I am 63 and still working. My husband died in 2005 and I would like to know if I can draw off his benefits for now and start drawing off my own when I'm 70. How much can I earn and still draw off his benefits?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.
Yes, as a widow, you can draw off his benefit. However, if you are still working, up until you are 66, you can earn up $15000 per month. ONce you earn over $15,000, for every two dollars you earn in excess of $15,000, your SS check is reduced by one dollar. I wish you well.