TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I found my name on line funds in Florida. I

Customer Question

I found my name on line for unclaimed funds in Florida. I completed form and sent a cover letter. The funds are from Prudential; I believe that my father (deceased) bought an annuity when he worked there in 1964 or 1965. I am the only child. Can a rep. from SS look up my fathers SS# ***** verify that he was employed by Prudential in 1964 or 1965?
Thank you in advance for your assistance. Carol
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Social Security is just about the only agency that can go back years (even longer than the IRS) for income verification. They can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present. The SSA would have income listed for the years you require but they would not be able to furnish a W2. Their master file would list the income for the year. The Summary Segment contains no information on employers.