How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 75 and drawing full social security since first elgibilty

Customer Question

I am 75 and drawing full social security since first elgibilty for full benefits. My wife is 73 and drawing full benefits whid are double mine . Question: Is it possible for me to draw
a higher social security montlyl check by swithching my payments to spousel
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely. You are entitled to your benefit or one half of hers, whichever is higher. But to do so, this cannot be done on line but must be applied for in person at any SSA office. Note, because of long wait times, it is best to go first to the SSA office and make an appointment to come back at a future date. I wish you well.