How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 72 and still working parttime. I grossed roughly $40,000

Customer Question

I am 72 and still working parttime. I grossed roughly $40,000 in 2014. Will that increase my my future SS payment as I have past years that I showed no income?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately SS benefits are not adjusted for wages reported after age 70. Likewise your ss benefit that you now receive was calculated and based on a maximum of 35 years of work history. thanks for understanding.