How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask annelew12554 Your Own Question
annelew12554, Social Security
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2429
Experience:  I have extensive knowledge of the rules of Social Seeurity
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
annelew12554 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my social security card and need it so I can get my

Customer Question

I lost my social security card and need it so I can get my driving permit. Is there anyway I can find the phone number to get that arranged?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 2 years ago.
Hi ***** and I've been preparing taxes for 27 years. I will put the offer through for you in a few minutes. All you need to do is hit Accept, however, this is NOT something that can be done by phone and while I can certainly call you, I don't want to see you pay more for the same answer. You may simply rate my answer as positive, and ignore the Accept
If you were ever claimed on someone's taxes, you would be able to get your SSN from the tax return
Please see URL below:
Even if you knew your number, you would have to go through this process. (Ask any bride why they never changed their name with SSA....they will tell you that the lines are long) The long line part may be true, but not EVERYONE is waiting for the same reason, and your request can normally be done by someone at the front window.
So gather up your birth certificate, make sure it is either an original (some Moms keep them forever) or a Registered Copy and head down to your local SSA office, and when you leave, ASK if they can give you a piece of paper with their logo and your SS# ***** it. Some will do this, and some won't due to time, but see if you can get this. We take these as proof for tax purposes, so I'm betting that the State will accept it for your Driver's License.
If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be notified.
If this has answered your question, please take the extra minute to rate positive so that I will be given credit for working with you today.
It is only through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge
Again, you may choose to accept the offer for the phone call, or you may simply rate my answer positively (with stars or smiley faces). In truth, there's no legal way to accomplish this on the phone since you must appear in person with your original or a registered copy of your birth certificate, and no one with the SSA will take any request without the documents. If there was a legal way to obtain another SS card, it would have been my pleasure to tell you. (I assume you already asked your parents if they still have yours. Many parents keep their child's SS card until their child leaves home for college or marriage,etc)
There are very few short cuts when you are dealing with the government.
Especially since 9/11/2011.
The only "short cut" is if you can get them to print your SS # ***** the paper with their logo, which cuts the mail time.
Thank you for choosing justanswer.