How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RE: S/N###-##-####aren E. ReillyDOB: 12-6-41 (IRS)I

Customer Question

RE: S/N xxx-xxx-xxx
Karen xxx. xxxxx
DOB: xx-x-xx (IRS)
I received a letter from the Department of the Treasury, (IRS) that they are unable to process my tax return as filed. They informed me that: "our records indicate that the person identified as the primary taxpayer or spouse in the tax return was deceased prior to the tax year shown on the tax form. Our records are based on information received from the Social Security Administration.
Based on this information, the tax account for this individual has been locked."
My husband, Thomas J. Reilly passed away on 04/29/13. He is inured at the Honey Creed Woodlands at the Monastery of theHoly Spirit, Conyers, GA. Phone #(###) ###-####
How can I have this tax account unlocked so that I can receive my tax refund?
Karen E. xxxxx
xxxx xxxxxx xxx
xxxxxxxh, xx xxxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Is this your 2014 tax return?