Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am 84 receiving 903 a mo. Was the reduction to 588.20 today…

Customer Question
I am 84 receiving 903...
I am 84 receiving 903 a mo. Was the reduction to 588.20 today a one time, or has my social security been reduced?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
7/3/2015
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 3 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Has anything "new" happened in the last year? I.e. did you recently start buying Medicare (part B etc.)? Or are you a Representative Payee for someone else's benefits who can't handle their own?
Let me know. I am trying to determine if this was a purposeful/rightful taking of your benefits or if there has been a grave error you need to correct to get your money back.