Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Could someone give me a breakdown or estimate of what I would…

Customer Question
Could someone give me a...
Could someone give me a breakdown or estimate of what I would make when I become of age? I have not received one of those brochures in a while. What information do you need?
Jane Schnee
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/2/2015
Social Security Expert: lev-tax, Tax Advisor replied 3 years ago
lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
If you are asking to estimate your social security benefits - I will do that for you.
To proceed with calculations - we need
Your birthday
When you plan to retire
your earning record for all years you worked.
If you do not have exact amounts - please provide the best estimated you could.
My birthday is ***** and I have paid into Social Security on and off again in numerous jobs. I don't know when I plan to retire as I only work part-time now. I thought this information could all be looked up as I have not kept great records of everything!
Yes - that information may be found on your earning record with the Social Security Administration.
Here is the link
https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.do
Unfortunately - that is your private information - and I personally do not have access.
You may however - create your own account and verify your earning record.
For estimate purposes - I may calculate your expected social security benefits ONLY based on some assumptions.
For instance - I may assume that you start working at age 20 and earned $10,000 in wages every year since.
Wousl that be accurate?