LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

When do i get my son's social security card? The name is

Customer Question

When do i get my son's social security card? The name is*****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can apply for a social security card for your son as soon as he is born and you have a copy of his birth certificate available.

Here is a link to the application that will need to be filled out.

You will need to take or mail this signed application with your documents to any Social Security office. Any documents you mail to social security will be returned to you.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ss-5.pdf

The card will be issued and mailed back to you, typically withing about 10 working days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug