How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4511
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I,ve started to receive social security checks in 2012 , if

Customer Question

I,ve started to receive social security checks in 2012 , if I receive retirement checks from man employer will my social security check be reduced?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist. Retirement checks typically don't reduce social security benefits. There are some exceptions, but only a few reduce social security. Typically, they come from government pensions. If you receive payments from a private employer's pension plan, social security benefits are not reduced. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer