Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can I get to resolve the issue of reduction in my social…

Customer Question
How can I get to...
How can I get to resolve the issue of reduction in my social security payment due to windfall project etc. I know they are wrong.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
6/25/2015
Social Security Expert: dylatess, ATTORNEY replied 3 years ago
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Often they are wrong. To resolve it, if you have a denial letter, you must within 60 days file a form called request for reconsideration. It is also worth seeking a consultation with a SS attorney as he can analyze your SS earnings statement and determine the offset OR, you may be missing credits and he can explain or assist you in having those credits added to your record. Note, this often takes expert advice and it is worth paying for it as you will greatly benefit in the long run.