How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get to resolve the issue of reduction in my social

Customer Question

How can I get to resolve the issue of reduction in my social security payment due to windfall project etc. I know they are wrong.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 2 years ago.
Often they are wrong. To resolve it, if you have a denial letter, you must within 60 days file a form called request for reconsideration. It is also worth seeking a consultation with a SS attorney as he can analyze your SS earnings statement and determine the offset OR, you may be missing credits and he can explain or assist you in having those credits added to your record. Note, this often takes expert advice and it is worth paying for it as you will greatly benefit in the long run.