ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I have been drawing social security years. I work

Customer Question

I have been drawing social security for seven years. I work for the city and they take out social security each monthly check. I have been paying roughly $220.00 per year for the last seven years, when will I see an increase other than what the government gives us each year
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
More than likely you won't see a big jump. I can best explain this over the telephone.
I will send an offer. It's a complicated procedure to text but simple to understand.
I'll send the offer (not the 18 JA average price). Mine is 5. (the minimum JA allows).
a flat fee . we will talk as long as necessary
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
I am doing this because you stayed online and did not disconnect. NOW I can help you
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Some people ask and then leave and it takes forever to satisfy them because they have more questions and when I respond they don't log in for days and they get upset. LOl
The reason is the 35 year average and the fact that you started collecting.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
If you would prefer to text back and forth we can also do that.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
I am sure some other expert will post a long drawn out answer but that is the "short answer". If you want a more detailed answer let me know.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Your benefits may increase when you work:
As long as you continue to work, even if you are receiving benefits, you will continue to pay Social Security taxes on your earnings. However, SS will check your record every year to see whether the additional earnings you had will increase your monthly benefit. If there is an increase, SS will send you a letter telling you of your new benefit amount.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3739/What-happens-if-I-work-and-get-Social-Security-retirement-benefits
This link may help.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Pas you are online please let me know if I have answered your questions. I will be here waiting for your response.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I reviewed
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
I am free now