How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13521
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I use to get 99.00 taken taken out of my ss monthly

Customer Question

I use to get 99.00 taken taken out of my ss monthly for health expenses and it didn't have anything todo with the state of Penna. where I live. At least this is what I thought. I happen to be at the local welfare office last week and to my amazement I found out that 102.00 or 104.00 dollars is now being taken out and it is by the State. I was never notified of anything and ironacally I was contemplating asking the State to take care of my medical needs and I wantedm the money being taken out to go back to my check. I am 81 yrs of age and have been bless to have good health.What can I do? My ss####-##-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
This sounds like you are talking about your Medicare premium. And this is a federal benefit - it is your health insurance. It used to be $99 and now it is $104.90, for most people. It is for your Part B insurance (doctor's visits, etc). You already have Part A (which is typically free). Technically, one can cancel Medicare, but then you will have no health insurance.
What you may want to do is go to your county medical assistance/welfare office and ask them if you financially qualify for Medicaid or "extra help" where Medicaid PAYS the Medicare Premiums and copays and such.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. It is month end - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:
1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR
2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.
If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service - to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!
Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional