Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Over the last three years I have had cochlear implant surgery…

Customer Question
Over the last three years...
Over the last three years I have had cochlear implant surgery in both ears. I am 55 years old and a construction plumber. It has been a serious struggle trying to perform my j oh safely. I have to work under floors, in ceilings, in mechanical rooms. Etc...I have had them fall off under homes and in locations that hAve taken hours to find.my Dr would not give me much time off. Nor will she prescribe a "h.I.n.t." test. Under ideal conditions, 80% of word recognition has returned. I keep insisting in my line of work I have great difficulty with word recognition. My hearing is a safety hazard for myself and others. What course of action can I take?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2015
Social Security Expert: ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients.. replied 2 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
You'll need some medical opinions. See a specialist an audiologist. With specific tests he can actually measure the " damage".
Then it's a disability application at SS through local office. Your doctor. Then gheir doctor. It seems to take between two and three years to get approved.
I'll also offer you a call to discuss in more detail.
ShawnA
ShawnA