Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband divorced me, against my will, about 15 years ago.

Customer Question
Now that I am retired...
My husband divorced me, against my will, about 15 years ago. Now that I am retired fully, am I due any monies because 0f my marriage. My husband is alive. Neither of us has remarried again.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2015
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 3 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
How old are you?
Are you currently receiving any SS benefits of any kind?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I understand you may wish for a phone call. I will try to get an "additional services" button for that option. While it is far pricier than this forum, I am happy to set aside some time for that. Alternatively, you may proceed here in the Q&A format.
no thankyou
Would you like to proceed here, as you started? Or no? Or did you want a personal attorney phone consult? I am not clear on which you prefer, based on your comment. Thanks!