Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Can I ever go back and question why my social security benifits…

Customer Question
Can I ever go back...
Can I ever go back and question why my social security benifits being disabled are so low and I was lied to before I got my first check but have lived in fear that they would are life harder for me so I have remained silent?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
6/12/2015
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 3 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
You can certainly ask about whether your benefit amount is accurate - they base it on your prior income upon which you paid SS benefits. There is no reason to believe they would make your life harder. So long as you remain actually disabled and continuing to keep strong current medical records to confirm that, there should be no problem. Given your future mandatory CDR you will go through, you should be certainly maintaining strong evidence anyway, so to not lose a CDR.
$500 is not the minimum, so you may have been misinformed. But to truly know there is no mistake, you want to have a list of your known income amounts for all years you worked, and make sure SS is using those years amounts and not missing any of them or have any wrong numbers.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!