Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Can an SSI/SSDI recipient pay representation and

Customer Question

Can an SSI/SSDI recipient pay for legal representation and fines associated with a dui with Social Security funds received?
Does the dui need to be reported to Social Security? The plea bargain consisted of 5 days in jail (already served) and 6 months probation.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
Absolutely. You can spend your money in whatever legal way you wish. No, the DUI does not have to be reported to the SSA.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!