Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

If a person dies, is it possible estate to get retroactive…

Customer Question
If a person dies, is...
If a person dies, is it possible for the estate to get retroactive social security spousal benefits?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
6/8/2015
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 3 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
The claim you want to make is creative, but won't be processed. A laundry had to sign for their own benefits, or empower a power of attorney to do so. A personal visit to a social security office is required.
Thanks for your question. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer