ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I turned 66 in March 2015. As I began taking social security

Customer Question

I turned 66 in March 2015. As I began taking social security when I was 65 in March 2014, I will have to pay back 1dollar for every 2 I earned last year in 2014 according to social security- they calculated that I need to pay back $5800 as I earned $27000 for the year as opposed to the $15000 allowed; HOWEVER part of that income was earned before I took social security-ie: part of the 27000 was earned in Jan and Feb BEFORE I started taking social security- how is this calculated?
Also- since I can only earn $41000 the year I turn 66 which is this year as I turned 66 in March 2015, how is this calculated as the majority of this year I have been 66? I am very confused and nothing explains this clearly- Thanks
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Unfortunately if you apply for example midyear Social Security looks like a total income earned over the total year and they honestly don't care if it was before or after.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
I just sent you an offer for a telephone call. The cost for this call is only five dollars and we can talk as long as necessary in order to resolve your issues