Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My husband and I are both retired we have Part A insurance…

Customer Question
My husband and I are...
My husband and I are both retired we have Part A insurance we are covered by insurance I had while I worked this terminates at the end of November I contacted the social security office explained the situation they sent me the forms to fill out and tole us to apply in June we went there and were told that that information was not correct that we have to wait until January 2016 that not only gives us a period of 8 months without coverage and we will be hit with penalties when we do sign up all along we were given information that was not correct we accept that we have to wait but is there anything that can be done to lessen the penalties?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
6/7/2015
Social Security Expert: ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients.. replied 3 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
Your ONLY hope is to file an appeal. I will offer you a call to discuss gis in detail
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
If not PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.