ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I STARTED SOCIAL SECURITY (FIRST CHECK MAY 2014). I WOULD LIKE

Customer Question

I STARTED SOCIAL SECURITY (FIRST CHECK MAY 2014). I WOULD LIKE TO PAY BACK AND
FILE AND SUSPEND FOR SPOUSAL AND START FULL S.S. AT 70 SINCE I HAVE LONGEVITY
IN MY FAMILY. AM I TOO LATE? SOCIAL SECURITY SENT ME A LETTER DATED MAY 2, 2015 SAYING I HAVE 30 DAYS TO REPAY AND THEN CHANGE TO FILE AND SUSPEND.
THE HELPLINE(###) ###-#### ***** ME THAT THEY DON'T COUNT WEEKENDS OR
HOLIDAYS, SO THAT WILL EXTEND THE TIME I HAVE TO PAY BACK AND CHANGE.
IS THAT TRUE?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
That is true. You can suspend at any time but you have to get to their office TOMORROW and return the check. Bring in the letter and get a receipt that you returned the check,
I will offer a call to guide you.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
If you have other questions please ask now or later and I'll be happy to respond. I’ll be notified (even if I leave).
If not PLEASE rate this answer so I can be freed to help another person.
Even after you rate my response we can continue to chat here at no extra cost to you.
As I strive for quality vs. quantity, I find I can only handle a limited number of questions at a single time.