Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than…

Customer Question
Want my social security deposited...
Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than it presently is being deposited into...what do i have to do to get this changed
Alos will SS pay you if you move to another country ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
6/5/2015
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 3 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
Changing your direct deposit bank from one to another is pretty easy. From SSA.gov:
"How can I sign up for or change direct deposit for my Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments?
If you already get benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for or change your direct deposit by:
Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association;
Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****); or
Completing a Direct Deposit Sign Up Form and taking it to your local Social Security office."
http://www.ssa.gov/deposit/1199a.pdf is the link to the form, if you need one.
SS will continue to pay you if you are in another country. Also from SSA.gov:
"If you live outside the United States, in a country where we can send payments, you can choose to have your benefits sent electronically to a bank or financial institution in the United States or any country that has an international direct deposit agreement with the United States. Special rules apply if you are in a country where we cannot send payments.
To find out which countries qualify, go to Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States. "
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3842/Can-I-use-direct-deposit-if-I-live-outside-the-United-States is the link to that web page if you need the country link.
Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer