PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than

Customer Question

Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than it presently is being deposited into...what do i have to do to get this changed
Alos will SS pay you if you move to another country ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
Changing your direct deposit bank from one to another is pretty easy. From SSA.gov:
"How can I sign up for or change direct deposit for my Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments?
If you already get benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for or change your direct deposit by:
Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association;
Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****); or
Completing a Direct Deposit Sign Up Form and taking it to your local Social Security office."
http://www.ssa.gov/deposit/1199a.pdf is the link to the form, if you need one.
SS will continue to pay you if you are in another country. Also from SSA.gov:
"If you live outside the United States, in a country where we can send payments, you can choose to have your benefits sent electronically to a bank or financial institution in the United States or any country that has an international direct deposit agreement with the United States. Special rules apply if you are in a country where we cannot send payments.
To find out which countries qualify, go to Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States. "
https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3842/Can-I-use-direct-deposit-if-I-live-outside-the-United-States is the link to that web page if you need the country link.
Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer