How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4676
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than

Customer Question

Want my social security deposited in a differebt account than it presently is being deposited into...what do i have to do to get this changed
Alos will SS pay you if you move to another country ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
Changing your direct deposit bank from one to another is pretty easy. From
"How can I sign up for or change direct deposit for my Social Security or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments?
If you already get benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for or change your direct deposit by:
Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);
Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association;
Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****); or
Completing a Direct Deposit Sign Up Form and taking it to your local Social Security office." is the link to the form, if you need one.
SS will continue to pay you if you are in another country. Also from
"If you live outside the United States, in a country where we can send payments, you can choose to have your benefits sent electronically to a bank or financial institution in the United States or any country that has an international direct deposit agreement with the United States. Special rules apply if you are in a country where we cannot send payments.
To find out which countries qualify, go to Your Payments While You Are Outside The United States. " is the link to that web page if you need the country link.
Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer