How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 years old and have been receiving social security benefits

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and have been receiving social security benefits since I retired at age of 64 and 3 months. I've been working since my retirement from the mines. Black lung and other aliments have stop me from working can I file for disable social security ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)
How are you doing today?
I regret to inform you that once you are over full retirement age, disability is no longer an option. You can only receive one benefit --- and, retirement is what is available in your situation.
I wish I had better new for you. Please take a moment to rate my response positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today
Thanks so much :-)

Related Social Security Questions