Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

My daughter draws as a surivor from my husband. my question…

Customer Question
my daughter draws as a...
my daughter draws as a surivor from my husband. my question is: will her benefits stop on her 18th.b irthdayor on the day before she turns 19? will my benefits change as the surriving spouse or continue as is?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
5/28/2015
Social Security Expert: PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 years ago
PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
my daughter draws as a surivor from my husband. my question is: will her benefits stop on her 18th.b irthdayor on the day before she turns 19?
Response: Her benefits would stop when she reaches age 18 unless she is a student or disabled. If she is a student, three months before her 18th birthday, Social Security Administration will send you a notice that benefits will end at age 18 unless your child is a full-time student at a secondary (or elementary) school. If your child is younger than 19 and still attending a secondary or elementary school, she must notify Social Security Administration by completing a statement of attendance that has been certified by a school official. The benefits then will usually continue until she graduates, or until two months after reaching age 19, whichever comes first.
For a child who is disabled, benefits will continue at age 18 to a child who is disabled. Childhood disability benefits are also payable after attainment of age 18, if the disability began before age 22.
will my benefits change as the surriving spouse or continue as is?
Response 2:Your benefits would continue as is.