How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 75 years old and my husband is 77. We have been married

Customer Question

I am 75 years old and my husband is 77. We have been married since 1968. I was married before and had two children with my first husband. My first husband is now deceased. Am I entitiled to any benefits from my first husband from his SS contributions???? please reply to this e-mail *****@******.*** I thank you in advance...
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.
Can you add some details, such as how long you were married to your first husband? If you were married to him for 10 years, you could be eligible to claim against his work history.