ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I am a widow and have been since 1997. I am working as a nurse

Customer Question

I am a widow and have been since 1997. I am working as a nurse ( to give you a rough idea of my salary) and am approaching 57. I was told recently that I should be able to collect my deceased husband's social security @ age 60. Don't plan on collecting it then but it made me wonder what are the current restrictions as far as age, income etc?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.
That is correct.
here is a link that explains it in better detail.
https://www.socialsecuritytiming.com/knowledge-base/articles/social-security-widow-benefit-explained/
It would be better to wait for several reasons.
Hopefully this gets me a great rating. I'll also offer a call if you want to speak by telephone.
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
I like this website because it explains it well and gives several examples so you can see what would happen if you decided to do different options.
I understand it might seem a bit overwhelming at first (which is why I offer the call).
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
When you ask about age and income what age will you be asking about? for example when you are 62 or 68?
That will help me be more specific