How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask retirementlawyer Your Own Question
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
retirementlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on ss retirement. I was married from 1968-1983 to 1st

Customer Question

I am on ss retirement. I was married from 1968-1983 to 1st hubby. I married second hubby in 2001. Am I entitled to any of 1st hubby's social security?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is***** am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
You would be entitled to spousal benefits from your first spouse if your current marriage ends in a divorce or death, however not now since you are currently married.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I would give this five stars, but the site was a bit complex
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.
If satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you