How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4523
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I Have not been able to work years as I have bipolar

Customer Question

I Have not been able to work for 22 years as I have bipolar depression ^& severe anxiety & I am a patient at McLean psychiatric hospital in Belmont, mass and see my psychiatrist every 3-4 weeks for thereay & medication mgmt. I still have Electroconvulsive shcok treatments when my depreesion becomes such my medcations do not work. I only receive Less that $700 a monthI received medicare, A&B but medications and supplemental insurance cost more than $350 a month. Is there a reason I do not get more Social Security benefits #50sa but medications & health th veivediucatan ehn isve co asslmo hvve
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to the site. I'm PDtax, and will be helping you today.
The best way to start is to open a my Social Security account. is t the online link.
Once you set up an account, you can verify information ssa has on you, benefit amounts, account history, and much more.
Once you have that, you can contact SSA for a meeting to review your benefits, armed with your records and theirs.
Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.