Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

T worked uniform and manufacturing co. 8

Customer Question

t worked for shane uniform and manufacturing co. for over 8 yrs in Evansville,in. they sent me a letter 3 yrs ago about a pension they owed me. now I can,t find them.my ss no. ends in 6877. my name is Gloria.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much of my ss benefits do I lose if I ask for part of his ss benefits. married 29 yrs.
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Gloria -- if you have private pensions and the company is no longer in business, then you can check with your state as they would take ownership of any funds due to you. Further if you are married you can draw your own social security or your spousal social security, but not both - so if you took his benefits you would lose 100% of yours. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked the question what office in the state if Indiana do I call about my pension plan.