How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

T worked uniform and manufacturing co. 8

Customer Question

t worked for shane uniform and manufacturing co. for over 8 yrs in Evansville,in. they sent me a letter 3 yrs ago about a pension they owed me. now I can,t find ss no. ends in 6877. my name is Gloria.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how much of my ss benefits do I lose if I ask for part of his ss benefits. married 29 yrs.
Expert:  Megan C replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Gloria -- if you have private pensions and the company is no longer in business, then you can check with your state as they would take ownership of any funds due to you. Further if you are married you can draw your own social security or your spousal social security, but not both - so if you took his benefits you would lose 100% of yours. Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks so much :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked the question what office in the state if Indiana do I call about my pension plan.