How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3440
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There.. I am legal guardian grandson, and have been

Customer Question

Hi There.. I am legal guardian for my grandson, and have been since he was 1yr old. I received a monthly disability check for him. I was able to save a decent amount of money for his future. He will be turning 18 the end of May. I just received a letter stating any money saved needs to be returned to the SS Administration. I have recently transferred the money into my account and am planning to put it into as trust for him. He is too young and inexperienced to have access to it and at this point knows nothing about it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 2 years ago.
it can be spent on college, a car, etc. SS has no idea what you "have left". I am not advocating fraud but they will never know what is "left".