Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My daughter is 18 years old and she is a senior in high school.

Customer Question

My daughter is 18 years old and she is a senior in high school. her father passed away in October and it has been very stressful with school, necessitating summer school in order to graduate. will she continue to receive benefits during summer school? she will not turn 19 until December and she is unmarried. thank you for your help
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing SS law full time for 10+ years and look forward to assisting you.
"My daughter is 18 years old and she is a senior in high school. her father passed away in October ----- So sorry!
" and it has been very stressful with school, necessitating summer school in order to graduate.
will she continue to receive benefits during summer school? she will not turn 19 until December and she is unmarried. thank you for your help ------- It is my understanding that YES, so long as she is still attending highschool AND under 19, she will still receive benefits. You will likely want to confer with the SSA in order that they don't assume she is graduating in June, but in August instead. The school will likely be able to provide you documentary proof of the fact that she will remain in highschool through August.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Stephanie O Joy Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.
Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.
Your online legal resource!