Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What is Faasf? I am 67 my wife 60. I make 120,000 per year…

Customer Question
What is Faasf? I am...
What is Faasf? I am 67 my wife 60. I make 120,000 per year she worked and gets about $1,500 monthly at 65.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2014
Social Security Expert: PDtax, CPA firm owner replied 3 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Customer:

Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Faasf, or filling as a spouse first, would allow the lower-earning spouse to collect up to 50% of the higher income spouses benefit.
You would have to file, then suspend, collecting. Her spousal benefit would then be based on your benefit account if the benefit was greater. Your benefits continue to accrue.
When you draw your benefit, it likely had grown, and her benefit was higher during those years.
Hope this helps. Positive feedback is appreciated, using the rating buttons at the bottom of your screen. I'mCustomer