Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

64 year old women 0n SS marries a man also on SS, how will…

64 year old women 0n...
64 year old women 0n SS marries a man also on SS, how will this affect her spousal benefits?
12/1/2014
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 36 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Spousal benefits are only applicable if you are married ten years or more. So if you marry, your
SS benefits are not affected. That is, each of you will continue to receive your own respective benefits. However, if one of you should pass away, the surviving spouse will be entitled to the higher of the two benefits. But there is no combining of benefits,
Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY