Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been receiving SSDI since 2007. I recently checked my…

I have been receiving SSDI...
I have been receiving SSDI since 2007. I recently checked my credit report & noticed SSA had requested my report in January of this year. Why would they do this.
4/2/2014
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning Barbara,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

As I don’t have access to your social security records I cannot provide a definitive answer to your question. However, experience tells me that Social Security will make a soft pull on your credit record when you sign up with them on line for a "My Social Security" account, to allow you to access your social security information on line. This is done just to verify your identity and does not have a negative effect on your credit because it is not a hard pull which would be used to provide you credit.

I seem to recall that the SSA uses the Experian credit site to do this soft pull.

If you did not establish a "My Social Security" account with SSA, perhaps you asked for something else from SSA that would have necessitated them verifying your identity---such as you requesting a replacement card from SSA for MediCare. Any sort of a request online to the SSA could generate a decision to verify your identity. This is relatively common and nothing to be concerned about.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

I wish you and yours the best in 2014,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney
Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Barbara. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope that you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.