How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on ticket to work and lost my SSI for 2 months. I cant

This answer was rated:

I was on ticket to work and lost my SSI for 2 months. I cant work anymore Ms and SMI Bipolar 62 I have been too sick. My son paid my rent and now I am told it counts as income and I will only get $334.00 mo and My rent is too high and I have to get 2 roommates?? I have been here 12 years
Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
Your problem requires legal representation as it is not something you can do yourself. First, a waiver of overpayment form needs to be filed ASAP asking the court to waive the money they say you were overpaid. Next, you need a hearing so that the court can determine what are your expenses and need. Accordingly, go to the web site which is the organization of SS attorneys. Look for a referral. Note, most attorneys will handle this type of case and not ask you for a fee. I wish you well.
Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.
dylatess and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you