How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5155
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

13 years of contributions to SS and 18 years to Canada PP

This answer was rated:

I have 13 years of contributions to SS. I also have 18 years of contributions to Canada Pension Plan. I am 58, annual income $200K and I am resident in US. If I stop contributions now due to early retirement. How much would SS pay at age 67, please?

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

if you have paid into the US SS fund for ten years or more, you have 40 credits which entitles you to SS benefits beginning at age 66. Note, however, the amount you will receive is based on the average of your ten highest years of income contributions. Accordingly, if you averaged 200K per year for ten years or more, you will receive about $2600 per month from SS. Also, there would not be an offset from Canada as the majority of your work time was paid into Canada's system.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.
dylatess and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you