How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  My experience over the years has involved Social Security,
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently receive SSI and have since 1998 for Bipolar Disorder

This answer was rated:

I currently receive SSI and have since 1998 for Bipolar Disorder and PTSD. I want to find out if I can receive permanent disability with Medicare insurance from Social Security.
You are eligible for Social Security Disability if you can substantiate your disability with healthcare practitioners reports and if satisfy the work history requirements. I recommend that you file for this benefit as soon as possible. Additionally, I recommend that, if you have not already done so, you apply for Medicaid. Medicaid will provide for your healthcare. To read about the work history requirements for Social Security Disability you should go to the Social Security Administration web site If you are awarded Social Security Disability your Medicaid benefits will, after 2 years, convert to Medicare and, once you reach retirement age, your Social Security Disability will convert to Social Security Retirement benefits. There is a great deal of information available at the web site so if you need additional assistance after you have reviewed the material there, please feel free to return to me.
CGCPA and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you