Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Im on ss disability and am 63 years old. Will my check increase

I'm on ss disability and am 63 years old. Will my check increase when I reach 65? Also, can I collect any of my x-husbands ss? I am not married and we were married for 14 years. No kids from that marriage.

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

Your check will increase slightly when you reach full retirement age, which is actually 66.

Megan C :

At your full retirement age you can draw the larger of your benefit, or 1/2 of your ex spouses benefit.

Megan C :

Social security would be able to tell you how much each benefit would bring you home each month.

Megan C :

Is there anything additional that I could assist you with today?

Megan C :

If not, please take a moment to rate my response "excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer