How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask retirementlawyer Your Own Question
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17223
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
retirementlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 56 and my husband is 59. Can I collect on his disability.

This answer was rated:

I am 56 and my husband is 59. Can I collect on his disability. I didn't work in my lifetime enough to collect off of mine. I just had rod and screws in my neck a year ago and a plate in the front of my neck about 8 years ago. How would we go about getting it
Thank you

retirementlawyer :

Hello and welcome. My name isXXXXX am a Licensed practicing attorney and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

retirementlawyer :

You would not be able to obtain disability at this point,

retirementlawyer :

he could apply for himself,

retirementlawyer :

and if he is approved you may be entitled to a benefit,

retirementlawyer :

Social security rules state the following:You may qualify for Social Security Disability Benefits if you:

  • are a disabled worker and you have worked and earned enough credits to become "insured."

  • are a disabled widow or widower between 50 and 60 years of age and your deceased spouse earned enough credits to become "insured."

  • became disabled before age 22, and either of your parents is deceased or disabled, and earned enough credits to become "insured."

retirementlawyer and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you

Related Social Security Questions