How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  My experience over the years has involved Social Security,
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im living in a basement apt. which smells musty,they offered

This answer was rated:

I'm living in a basement apt. which smells musty,they offered me another apt. but now they aren't sure they will give it to me.If they don't give it to me I will move out& will break my lease.What I want to know is can they touch my social security for rent due?My only income is social security I'm also disabled
Social Security benefits can only be taken for debts to the US Government and for arrears in child support payments. Therefore, the landlord will be unable to "touch" your Social Security benefit for rent.
CGCPA and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you