Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

Started receiving retirement ss check in August. On initial

Started receiving retirement ss check in August. On initial application answered question "yes" when asked if I would be receiving any other retirement. I worked at a city owned hospital for nine years and earned a partial retirement. Now I'm about to apply for these funds does social security allow you to keep this money?

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Megan C :

So long as you have at least 30 years of social security covered work, your receipt of a pension for which you did not pay into social security will NOT impact your benefits.

Customer:

Fine. Thank you,I worked 45 years as a nurse so I think I'm covered.

Customer:

Excellent service and totally worth it to receive knowledgeable information thank you again.

Thanks for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today. Have a great retirement!