How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA w/Masters in Tax. 30+ years experience.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a quialfied divorced social security beneificery holder,

This answer was rated:

I am a quialfied divorced social security beneificery holder, married for 33 years to my
Ex, why am I not getting full Benifits,instead of half of my ex's Benifits?

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but as a former spouse the maximum benefit you can receive is the greater of 100% of your earned benefit or 50% of your ex's benefit. See link, the specifics are in the first "Note" box.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Reading the AARP magazine, it says that I'm entitled to his full. More
Than 10 years married, I was married 33 years
Hi Patricia -

You are entitled to the full SPOUSAL benefit which is 50% of his benefit.

If you can tell me which issue I can review the article.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay, I did not understand that 50% was full
Hi Patricia -

Did you have additional questions on this topic.

If I have fully answered your questions, I would appreciate you rating my service. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
MequonCPA and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you