Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I will turn 66 in 06/23/2014. If I apply for ss in 01/2014

I will turn 66 in 06/23/2014. If I apply for ss in 01/2014 jow much money can I make at work and draw full benifts?
I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Thanks for your question and thanks for using JustAnswer. You can earn an unlimited amount if you are age 66 or older. There is no earnings cap on those who are full retirement age or older

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not please rate as excellent so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So even if I don.t turn 66 until june 2014 I can draw fiullss in january 2014 and make unlimte at work?
In the year you retire, you can earn $40,080 from January to June. Then, in June you can make an unlimited amount. It only counts what you actually make from January to June.

If you make above that, your benefits are reduced $1 for every $3

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So if I get ss in january 2014 instead of waiting till june of 2014 when I turn 66 will my benifts be less?
Thanks for your follow up. Yes, your benefits will be less, but only by about 2%. Your benefits are reduced every month before you reach full retirement age.

Please let me know if you need anything else. If not, please rate as 'excellent' so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Thanks again.