How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have changed My bank address--how do I inform SS before next

This answer was rated:

I have changed My bank address--how do I inform SS before next check is due

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.


Do not try visiting your local SSA office as the government shut down has forced the closure of most offices. But the fastest way to change your bank address is by visiting the SSA web site And in the search box type "change direct deposit." You will then be redirected to a link where you can provide the new information. But do note that sometimes it takes at least one payment cycle. So do not close your old account until your check has been redirected to your new bank.


I wish you well. Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you.

dylatess and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you