Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I have been receiving social securit disability benefits for

several years. I will...
I have been receiving social securit disability benefits for several years. I will be at my full retirement age in three years. What will happen to my social security benefit when I reach full retirement age?
9/28/2013
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant

R. Klein, EA :

Thank you for your question today. I am Randall and I will be helping you.

R. Klein, EA :

When you reach FRA (Full Retirement Age), your disability benefit will stop and will be replaced with your Retirement Benefit.

R. Klein, EA :

The amount will be the same (adjusted for Cost of Living) as your disability benefit.

R. Klein, EA :

Effectively, it just changes its name, not the amount.

R. Klein, EA :

If you need further clarification, please ask. Otherwise, please provide a positive rating to close out this question.

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Accountant