Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

When a new man and woman marries whom are drawing social security

When a new man and woman marries whom are drawing social security what happens

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How old is the man and woman, and are they on regular disability or retirement or are they on SSI?

Customer:

Man 71 Woman 84

Megan C :

What type of benefit are they receiving?

Customer:

Man Social Security Woman Social From Deceased Husband

Megan C :

Absolutely nothing will change. The woman can still draw her survivor benefit because the marriage was after the age of 60

Megan C :

The man can continue drawing his own benefit regardless of if he's married or not

Megan C :

So, nothing will change with the benefits. They will continue on as they always have

Customer:

Thank You - God Bless You

Thanks so much for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a tax, finance, or social security question. IT was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Positive feedback on that survey would be greatly appreciated, as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.