Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am about to send my Social Security Statement to the Immigration,

for I'm sponsoring my wife...
I am about to send my Social Security Statement to the Immigration, for I'm sponsoring my wife (So she can be credited with the 40 quarters of coverage under the Social Security Act (SSA), instead of Form I-864. Now, I do have a gap of some years of not filling with the IRS. Since 2003, though, I am ok. Will the USCIS look at that? The statement do show that I have the 40 quarters. Thanks.

Joseph
Daly City, CA
9/19/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Megan C :

I realize you have a question about social security. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, and help you better understand your options.

Megan C :

How are you today?

Customer:

Im fine, thanks

Megan C :

You should be fine with your taxes. I would not worry.

Customer:

When I filled for citizenship, I remember a question: "Did you ever fail to file with the IRS?"Now, I don't remember if in "the last 5 years"or not. My concern is: Would I be charged a liar if now I submit a document showing this gap?

Megan C :

No, you will not be charged a liar. The USCIS typically only looks for the past few years, not back all the way in time

Customer:

Even having the paper showing all those years with zeros? Is it possible to get a statement from de SS with only the last 10 years?

Megan C :

No, it's not possible to only get a statement from SS showing only the last 10 years.

Customer:

Ok. I think I will send it. I believe you are rigth. I just had this concern. Thank you, Megan!

Megan C :

You're welcome.

Megan C :

If you would, please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Have a good nigth

Customer:

I certainly will. You were of great help. Thanks again

Megan C :

You too. Please don't forget to rate on your way out. Thanks again!

Thanks, Joseph for your positive rating. Please come back and visit me any time you have a question that needs answered. It was a pleasure working with you today.

In the future you may receive a short survey. Your positive feedback on this survey would be greatly appreciated as it will assist with rankings on the site. Thanks again for being a valued JustAnswer.com customer.