dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

why did social security deny my cochlear lmplant disabilit

why did social security deny my cochlear lmplant disability

Hello and and thank you for your question. For over 35 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

In order to be found disabled, you have to be either medically disabled or proven that with your disability, you cannot do any work. Note, medically disabled requires a showing that you have no hearing in both ears. Likewise, if you have some hearing in either ear, you are not medically disabled.

otherwise, you must prove that with your impairment there is no work that you can do and this is very difficult to prove UNLESS you also have an impairment that prevents you from sitting/standing/walking less than two hours in an eight hour day.

Accordingly, regardless of your previous work, if the SSA can show that you can be a greeter in WALMART (not meant to insult you) you are not disabled.

Sorry, But the SSA sets the bar very, very high.

Thanks for understanding. Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am paid for helping you. I wish you well.