Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

For Stephanie or Alexia. In case of CDR review -- what is he

For Stephanie or Alexia. In case of CDR review -- what is he function of "disability analyst"? Is it a person who makes the intital decsion on the CDR? Or this person main function is to collect the necessary information and send it out to someone else in the SSA office for determination of disability? If this person makes a decsion on wherther to approve or disapprove CDR -- does someone else has to review his/her decsion at SSA office?
I'm Rachel, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. 
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best,
Rachel 

Hello again, :)

I wanted to touch base to see if you still wanted to wait for your requested professional? Or if you prefer me to open your question to all the professionals.

We sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the extended wait time.

Thank you,

Lindie

Good morning, and thank you for your patience! I received word that you requested my assistance.

For Stephanie or Alexia. In case of CDR review -- what is he function of "disability analyst"? This has many names, "adjudicator", analyst, claims examiner, etc.

Is it a person who makes the intital decsion on the CDR? Yes. Or this person main function is to collect the necessary information and send it out to someone else in the SSA office for determination of disability? He usually does both, facilitates medical records requests, info from claimant/beneficiary, medical opinion from state agency medical expert, etc.

If this person makes a decsion on wherther to approve or disapprove CDR -- does someone else has to review his/her decsion at SSA office? He has a boss, if that is what you mean. But if there is a medical expert whose opinion he find valid, he will use that to support his decision. Sometimes cases are randomly audited as well. But generally, yes, I'd consider him your main person to persuade.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I talked to the disability analyst on my CDR and she said that she will be reviewing it shortly. If it is a clear cut case -- how long does it take for her to review it after she starts doing it-- and after her review is complete -- how long does it take to receive the decsion in the mail? Is there a way to check electronicly where CDR is in the process of being reviewed (without calling the disability analyst).

I talked to the disability analyst on my CDR and she said that she will be reviewing it shortly. If it is a clear cut case -- how long does it take for her to review it after she starts doing it-- I think that would depend on her. and after her review is complete -- how long does it take to receive the decsion in the mail? I would expect a decision to be very shortly after she is done. As in, DAYS. This is because they are under the gun to move these things out and if there is nothing to wait for, such as more records, or a medical expert's opinion, it would be her neck on the line if it was decided but just sitting there, still on her docket, so to speak.

Is there a way to check electronicly where CDR is in the process of being reviewed (without calling the disability analyst).
Not that I know of. Even in the regular claim process, even though the SSA site encourages claimants check in, the info is canned and doesn't provide any real info, just a generic phrase, such as "in process" or some other unhelpful nonsense.

Personally, no news is good news, so I'd not bother her too much, certainly not more than every 2 months.

Sincerely,

Stephanie

Experience: 22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.